Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Lost Housewive Speaks On Lack of Airtime

There will be someone missing from the upcoming reunion episode of the reality television show "The Real Housewives of New York City."

That's Jennifer Gilbert, an event planner who was quietly introduced in recent weeks on the Bravo TV show as someone arranging a party for housewife Jill Zarin.

Believe it or not, Gilbert wasn't just tapped to organize a party but to be a full-fledged cast member on the third season of the show, which follows a group of women as they juggle their careers, motherhood and busy social calendars. But she says she couldn't get any airtime.
"I don't know there's anything I could've done differently to advocate for myself without looking obnoxious. I found in a lot of situations if you didn't scream the loudest or say the meanest thing you weren't heard. I was surprised because I really did film quite a lot. It's not like I'm timid and afraid to speak my mind. I'm just not inappropriate, and I'm not going to say something that's mean just for the sake of saying it. That's never going to be me. If that's what they're looking for then I'm probably not the right fit."
No word on whether or not her contract has been renewed for the fourth season, but after her five minute appearance this year, we imagine she'll be out of there faster than Kelly Bensimon's sanity and Countess LuAnn's potential at a career in music!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I don't care for her. I hope they do not make ANY plans to have her as a permanent housewife on the next season. I like Sonja, she's brings a refreshing dynamic to the show with her free-spirit sexual outlook. I saw it on her very first appearance. I'm not interested in Jen. My hope is that Bravo producers give Bethenny what she wants so she will agree to do another season. With Sonja added, it's a perfect line-up. I'm sure Jen is nice but she's forgettable. The cast is fine as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you not care for her if she barely had airtime. Oh I know, she was a friend of Jill so that's the real reason! Right?? I was sick of Bethenny and am NOT missing any of her caustic remarks or constant blather because she's so insecure in her own skin. Go away, sell your books, sell yourself, do anything you can for money because in Bethenny's World that's really what it's all about, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete