Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kelly Bensimon: ‘I’m Not Proud’ Of How I Acted

Kelly Bensimon wants to be clear about one thing. She’s not crazy — and that wasn’t a nervous breakdown you saw on The Real Housewives of New York City Thursday, as she blew up at her costars during a trip to the Virgin Islands.

“It was a nervous breakthrough,” Bensimon tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview appearing in next week’s issue.

“I learned don’t do it. Don’t be around people who don’t like you. I will never engage them like that ever again. I learned my lesson, as should everyone.”

The lesson involved comes as a result of what Bensimon, 42, calls the group’s “systematic bullying” of her throughout the vacation, during which she and costars Ramona Singer, Alex McCord, Sonja Morgan and her former rival Bethenny Frankel were sequestered on a yacht.

“It was four people against one. I go on this trip, I’m trying to be open. I have no expectations. I’m trying to be nice to these women who clearly don’t like me,” Bensimon says. “But the minute I got on the trip, they went after me. It was constant.”

Being away from her children Sea, 12, and Teddy, 9, was an added stressor. The isolated maritime setting didn’t help much either. “It’s an awkward position. Normally you’d be like, ‘I’m not dealing with this… I’m leaving,’” she says. “But this is not a situation where you can leave. You have to stay and you have to police them otherwise then you’re not a part of what’s going on and then they go off.”

But fans shouldn’t judge Bensimon based on this one episode. “This is me being a Housewife on a television show,” she says. “This is not me in my real life.”

Credit: People

2 comments:

  1. she needs help don't care what she says she's a nut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She should stop the bullshit & apologize. She went after Bethenny more times than I care to count, it was constant. Sonya was kind to her & even took up for her nutty behavior. Again, she needs to apologize to Ramona for ruining her trip, Bethenny for the constant attacks, Alex for the attacks and lastly Sonya.. she just owes her a big sorry as well as a thank you for having my back. If she is saying this isn't real then why in the hell did she ask her fans & the public for help with the reunion? She sent a tweet out on twitter that stated (& I quote):

    we need a reunion plan. if you dont want these women to win, give me advice.i will use it verbatim and name u on the show. tell your friends

    ReplyDelete