Monday, May 17, 2010

Ramona Singer: How I Got My Hot Bikini Body

Ramona_Singer_bikini_Real_Housewives_New_York
Despite being 53, Ramona Singer has a body many women half her age would envy, and admits she works hard to stay in shape.

Singer, who recently renewed her wedding vows to Mario, has always exercised but amped up her workouts after turning 30.

'I DO LOTS OF SQUATS'

"My overall favorite exercise to do — just because it works — is squats," Ramona told Life & Style. "It works your core, your butt, your thighs, everything."

When she wants to drop 5 pounds fast, Singer cuts all her portions in half, cuts out alcohol altogether and drinks green tea with breakfast and lunch to speed up her metabolism.

Ramona snacks on antioxidant-rich blueberries and eats lots of fish, turkey and chicken with vegetables and scales back on starches.

'LIFTING WEIGHTS DRAMATICALLY CHANGED MY BODY'

In addition to calisthenics and aerobic workouts, Ramona lifts weight to maintain a toned, lean physique.

"When I turned 30 I realized that to maintain a youthful body, aerobics and biking were not going to cut it," she says. "I realized the women older than me whose physiques I always admired, such as Raquel Welsh and Jane Fonda, were doing free weights/body lifting. So I decided to give it a try and noticed great results after 4 to 6 weeks lifting 4 to 5 times a week."

Real Housewives New York City Alex McCord, Bethenny Frankel, Kelly
 Bensimon Ramona Singer bikini photo pictures

She adds: "I actually developed triceps and biceps. I dropped a whole dress size, from a 4 to a 2, without losing weight, but from the strengthening and toning of my muscles. The lifting actually tightened, or should I say, shrank my body. It was amazing!"

In addition to a healthy lifestyle, Singer says a positive attitude goes a long way to a better life. "Some people look at the glass half empty," she says. "I always look at the glass as half full. My philosophy in life is to be positive."

Credit: The Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment