Friday, May 21, 2010

Kelly: I Had A "Breakthrough, Not A "Breakdown"

Real Housewives of New York star Kelly Killoren Bensimon doesn't regret her bizarre behavior on Thursday's explosive episode of her hit Bravo show.

"Some people are like, 'You had a breakdown,' and I'm like, no, I had a breakthrough," Bensimon told New York magazine's Vulture of her histrionics on a yacht in St. John's.

Among other outbursts in the episode, Bensimon called fellow housewife Alex McCord a "vampire," threatened to "claw" the eyes out of those interrupting a phone call with her kids, and claimed a dream in which nemesis Bethenny Frankel tries to stab her to death.

The model and writer explains that she was "very anxious" about traveling to St. John's with the other housewives. "I was asked by women who don't like me at all. I always have positive expectations of people, and I always think the best, and you know, that’s my Achilles' heel, is that I'm positive and feel like people are going to be nice. But the nature of the show isn't that."

She claims that her rival housewives are "not happy I'm on the show, they're just not...I'm very sensitive, and if someone says something very rude to me over and over again, I'm human. Shoot me."

"I'm completely honest, I have a ton of integrity," Bensimon continued. "The minute I walk into the room, I create...this stagnant frenetic energy."

On last week's episode, she chided Frankel and housewife Sonja Morgan for crying, getting emotional and sharing their "feelings." She explained: "In some ways, I'm almost too real. I have two girls, and we talk about feelings 24 hours a day. But those are real-life feelings."

"Let's be honest," she added of her outbursts, "It makes for awesome TV...if they're not hating on you, you're not doing something right."

Credit: Us Weekly

5 comments:

  1. you really RUINED that episode. i was interested in seeing the woman have a fun time at that fabulous house, and you and your drunk psychotic self had to make it all about you. oh and by the way PEOPLE DO HAVE FEELINGS YOU ZOMBIE NO WONDER YOU AREN'T MARRIED NO ONE WANTS TO BE WITH SOMEONE WHO CANT FEEL OR EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/05/real_housewives_of_new_york_ci_4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everyone saw her tweets last night. She has lost it. I really really hope the ladies would contact the appropriate authorities if she is a danger to her kids because from what I'm seeing .. those kids may very well be in danger. If it drugs or just crazy, she's really not fit to have her kids.
    She actually twittered one tweet & two minutes apart that
    1. She doesn't watch the show.
    2. She was embarrassed for the 'other' women when she watched the show.
    It was about an hour later that this tweet came through and I quote.
    we need a reunion plan. if you dont want these women to win, give me advice.i will use it verbatim and name u on the show. tell your friends
    Does she not realize EVERYONE actually SEES what she's tweeting? Courtney Love watch out, you're looking normal compared to Kelly. See these tweets for yourself on twitter. her profile name is @kikilet

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do we contact bravo to suggest that in the reunion they read some of the tweets that bouse3 mentioned? i'd like to hear her explain the contradicted in points 1 and 2 and then have the other women rip her apart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what the hell is "stagnant frenetic energy"?

    ReplyDelete